Friday 1 May 2009

May day


I've been hoping for a sunny clear day to start this project.   Why, I'm not sure, maybe for the sheer sense of optimism of it all! And a bright day allows wonderful views across the valley when you can see cloud shadows moving across the hills opposite. The scale this gives, the size of the sky, is physical.  It is this that makes sense to me.  It's not the wonderful view per se it's the sensation of being in and part of this landscape.

This study over a summer is a record of my journey of making sense of this landscape and mapping it on many different levels.  It is also a time of experimentation.  I hope to use film as part of this project, but I'm not sure how just yet.  

I will start by using a simple note book approach, taking still images from the same location over the duration of the summer to chart the passing of time. I also hope to create larger works in the landscape.  To record hidden elements, to capture a fleeting moment - perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment